How to block someone on Instagram? Also if you change your mind then how to unblock someone on instagram? A step-by-step guide.
Instagram is a place where you can share your creativity and connect with others.
However, sometimes those connections can become toxic. That makes us feel uncomfortable or insecure.
Maybe it's harassment from a spam account or you don't want to see someone's posts.
To control all this Instagram provides you with a nice feature which is known as blocking.
In this blog post, we will completely guide you to block someone on Instagram.
Now you may be wondering what happens if you block someone, after blocking, they won't be able to see your content again, will they be notified if you block someone? And if you change your mind, how do you unblock them?
We'll answer all these questions and more. So you can take the right decision about whether blocking is the right choice for you.
How to block someone on Instagram android and iPhone
- Go to the profile of the person you want to block.
- Then click on the three dots at the top right.
- Click on Block.
- Then confirm by clicking on the block again.
What Happens When You Block Someone on Instagram?
When you block someone on Instagram, they won't be able to see your profile posts and stories, and they'll be completely cut off from your account.
Here are some details on what happens if you block someone on Instagram:
- They will not find your profile: If you block someone, they won’t be able to see your profile when searching.
- Don’t see your posts and stories: If your account is public means anyone can see your posts and stories. But if you block someone then he/she won’t be able to see anything from you.
- Can't message you: A blocked person can’t reach you if they want to contact you. And also the previous messages also going disappear after the block.
- They cannot tag you in their posts or comments: Block people can’t tag you on their posts or comments.
- You won't see any of their content: Similarly, when you block someone, their profile will disappear from your followers and following lists.
You should note that the person you block will not receive any notification that you have blocked them. But they may notice that they can't see your posts or other content and can't interact with you for a long time.
How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
Here's how to unblock someone if you ever change your mind. Follow the step-by-step guide given below:
- First, open the Instagram app and go to your profile option.
- Then click on the hamburger menu on the top right and select the Settings option.
- Click on the Privacy option.
- Scroll down and click on Block Accounts.
- Here you will see the list of all the accounts you have blocked and you can unblock them by simply clicking on the unblock option next to the account name.
Below are some questions related to blocking on instagram. Many people are searching for their answers. So I added them in this article because You may also have this kind of question in your mind.
Q1. How do I block someone on Instagram without them knowing?
You can simply block someone on Instagram by visiting their profile > clicking on the three dots icon at the top right > Block. And they won't be notified.
Q2. When you block someone on Instagram What do they see?
As per Instagram help, "People that you block can still see your likes and comments on posts that were shared by public accounts or accounts they follow. After you block someone, they won't be able to mention your username or tag you".
Q3. How to block someone on Instagram who blocked you?
For this, you have to visit their profile section by searching. Then click on the three-dot icon and choose block.
Q4. Can you block someone on Instagram if you don't follow them?
There is no necessary to follow if you want to block anyone.
If you feel unsafe or don't want to see anyone's post then you can easily control it by using block. By following the above guide you can easily block or unblock anybody.
If you have any other questions regarding this topic on your mind feel free to comment below. You can check our Instagram section for more guides and secret tips.